Key Features of Magento Cart Reservation
Magento Cart Reservation Extension allows customers to temporarily reserve products they have added to their cart. When a customer adds an item to his cart, it is reserved for "x" amount of minutes before they become available again to other customers. So, the customer has the opportunity to purchase these products first. The Magento cart countdown and stock alert message used within this Magento Cart Timer module are a great way to monitor stock availability.
Temporary Reserve Products in Shopping Carts
- When a product is added to a cart, the client will see a timer notifying them that the reservation has started and will expire soon.
- Reserved products are not available for other clients and guaranteed to be sold to the clients who added them to shopping carts.
Display Timer and Reservation Notification on Product Pages
- Cart Reservation notifications can be displayed on product pages too. Let other customers know when the product will become available at your store again.
- All messages can be translated, modified and styled as per your Magento store design.
Mark Reserved Products on Category Page
Let your customers know which product is popular and will be sold out soon.
Reservation messages can be added manually using our extensive documentation for developers.
Global or Independent Cart Reservation Timers are Available
- Admin can configure the extension to display one “global timer” for a whole shopping cart. When a user adds a new product to a cart – the timer will reset and start the reservation from the beginning.
- It is also possible to use a “countdown timer for each product separately”. This way each product in the shopping cart will have its own reservation timer running independently from other timers.
Magento Checkout Page Timer
- Give your customers enough time to checkout. The extension allows you to specify how much time the user can spend on the checkout page before the products become unreserved.
Popup and Email Reminders
- Display Popup timer reminder or send email reminders to your customers.
- Remind your clients to checkout before the time is out and the products become unreserved (or removed) from their shopping carts.
"Cash on Delivery" Offline Reservation
- If you are using offline payment methods, such as cash on delivery, then our “reservation after checkout” feature will let you reserve the product until the payment is made or otherwise return it automatically back in stock.
Magento Cart Reservation Overview
Magento cart timer allows the site owner to create urgency without pressure. Items in your customer shopping cart will expire after a certain amount of minutes. This makes your customers want to hurry and buy before someone else does. Events and products can sell out quickly so clients must keep an eye on the countdown clock in their cart in order to secure the picks. If an item they want is in another member's cart, they can refresh the browser or check back on the item throughout the duration of the event to see if it has become available.
There are two types of cart reservation timers available: the countdown timer for each product separately or reservation of all products in the cart. The extension allows you to set the general time of reservation including both cart reservation and checkout reservation providing more time for the purchase to be completed which leads to higher sales conversion rates and higher customer satisfaction. Lastly the website owner has two options for products after the reservation time expires - to delete the products from the cart or to leave them in the cart unreserved.
Limited Stock Reservations
If you are running a private sales, daily deals, flash sales or sample sales website where you have limited quantities of product in stock – then this extension is for you!
Allow your customers to reserve concert tickets, flights, car rentals, hotel bookings in the shopping cart just like any other product.
Holiday Sales and Special Deals
Have lots of products in stock but still want to make it look like the stock will run out? Use shopping cart timer to create urgency of sale without pressure on your customers during holiday sales and special events.
If you are using offline payment methods, such as cash on delivery, then our “reservation after checkout” feature will let you reserve the product until the payment is made or otherwise return it automatically back in stock.
- NEW! Added support of Inventory > "Manage Stock" option
- Holds product in store inventory for a specific reservation period of time until the client buys the product or reservation time expires (whichever is sooner)
- Displays "reserved" or "in another member's cart" message on product list and product page
- Works for all user account types - Guests and Logged users
- Supported Magento product types: Simple, Grouped, Configurable, Virtual and Downloadable
- The extension can display either individual timers per product in cart or a global timer for all items in the cart
- Allows you to remove products from the client's cart after reservation time expires or to leave them unreserved in cart
- This Magento extension can be used for any products, including but not limited to reservation of concert tickets, flights, car rentals, hotel bookings and other types of reservations
- Admin can enable reservation for separate products and categories as well as functionality to inherit these settings from the parent category
- Countdown timer on product page will display how much time is left before the product becomes unreserved
- Admin can add and reserve products in shopping carts via the "Create New Order" interface in Magento Admin Panel
- “Reservation after checkout” feature allows temporary reservation of products after the order was placed
- Popup reminder & Email reminder will notify clients about cart reservation expiration
- Admin can define reservation time in shopping cart and checkout page
- Checkout page timer can be set to restart or continue countdown each time client visits the Checkout page to limit the amount of time client can hold the product
- Admin also has an option to set an unlimited reservation time and hide both timers on cart page and checkout page
- API support is enabled. Additionally, the cart reservation timer can be displayed on any page of the website (not only in shopping cart) if needed
- Admin can set custom countdown timer format and change all reservation messages if needed
- Full "Store View" support
- 100% open code Magento extension
Magento Cart Reservation Reviews
Every customer will automatically receive a 100 reward points for each approved review. To submit your review please
Write a Review
It is compatible with my other extensions, and this is great! I like the ability to conveniently reserve the product. I have also noticed product competition growth since I installed this module. I like it so far!
I have been using Plumrocket's Magento Cart Reservation for a few months now and have been quite happy with it!
It worked out the box with no issues and the default styles look professional enough that I did not feel the need to make any major customizations to it.
Support has also been quite helpful and I think the plugin adds a much needed feature to Magento!
This extension works flawlessly, and when it doesn't (like when I mess something up tinkering with other extensions), the support team fixes it up for me immediately. I wish Plumrocket would make all my extensions!
This is a great extension, improve my conversion rate. Thanks plumrocket.
This is what we searched for !!!
This is a must have if you have a limited quantity of stock products.
The possibility to reserve product create a trusted feeling and a sense of urgency to complete checkout.
It's also a good way to drive attention on most popular reserved products.
Did exactly what I was looking for.
Works as advertised.
After checking this module I understood that it is a complex and greatly built tool for maintaining my unique products reservations. Plum rocket developers also did custom features for my special needs, so now I'm getting the most of of this. Thanks!
Perfect for helping the capture sales. We have seen an increase in conversion thanks to this nice little extension.
I say high five for this module! Excellent work you guys, and a reasonable price for such a useful functionality.
Multiple timers are available, that's what I need.
Was looking for some products reservation extension and found it here. It works as I need and popup reminder is a big plus for this extension.
We have been using cart reservation for some time now. This is a must have tool for any magento store offering a limited stock of products to their customers. The usual checkout process in magento is very frustrating as it allows multiple users to add the same item to the shopping cart at the same time. Which means that the product will be sold not to the customer who added it to the cart first but to the customer who was faster at checkout page. This doesnt make sense in the usual brick and mortar stores. So people get upset not getting the item and leaving your store unsatisfied. This was a problem for us and cart reservation extension solves this fantastically!!!
One last thing. We had one issue installing this extension on our custom theme. Make sure to follow documentation as it explains how to install it specifically for custom themes. Otherwise you will be fine.
Your honest feedbackhelps other visitors
in selecting their products
earns you a $10 in rewards
for each submitted review!
Write a Review
Change Log of Magento Cart Reservation
- new feature
- bug fix
v1.8.3 - 18 Jun, 2018
- Updated jQuery version from 1.10.2 to 1.12.4
v1.8.2 - 23 Aug, 2017
- Updated jQuery version
- Made code style improvements
- Fixed bug with bundle product (error while adding bundle items to shopping cart)
v1.8.1 - 22 Nov, 2016
- Improved support of third-party modules and custom development
v1.8.0 - 08 Nov, 2016
- Added support of Magento Full Page Cache
- Improved extension design for better support of Ultimo & Porto themes
v1.7.2 - 16 Mar, 2016
- Added ability to set the countdown timer date format
- Improved integration with the third parties extensions
- Fixed bug with PayPal, when the quantity of the product equals 1
v1.7.1 - 04 Feb, 2016
- Improved compatibility with Magento Bundle Product Type
v1.7.0 - 09 Sep, 2015
- Added support of Magento Bundle Product Type
- Added support of Inventory > "Manage Stock" option
- Improved logic checking if customer is on product page
- Fixed bug on multi-stores: website theme was changing to default theme once cart reminder popup is displayed
v1.6.0 - 13 Mar, 2015
- Added ability to enable reservation for separate products and categories as well as functionality to inherit these settings from the parent category
- Added countdown timer on product page displaying how much time left before the product becomes unreserved
- Added ability for store administrators to add and reserve products in shopping carts via the "Create New Order" interface in Magento Admin Panel
- Improved method "isReserved()" for simple products in "Reservation After Checkout" interface
- Fixed updating of shopping carts that had items removed by the cron job
- Fixed Cart Reservation popup template in Magento CE 1.9.1
v1.5.7 - 10 Feb, 2015
- 100% of the extension code is now Open Source
- Minor code changes
v1.5.6 - 27 Aug, 2014
- Added Magento CE 1.9 support
- Added RWD (responsive) theme support on Magento CE 1.9
- Added support for mobile devices
- Fixed the bug with cron-job on multi-store websites
v1.5.5 - 27 May, 2014
- Fixed the problem in extension when purchases are made using magento API.
- Improved caching reduced database queries to 1-2 per page.
- If the option to "remove products from cart after reservation time is over" was disabled, then there was a bug during calculation of reserved products.
- Removed the ability to proceed to checkout where the reservation time is still left if the reservation time in cart has expired already.
v1.5.4 - 23 Apr, 2014
- Added new feature "Reservation after Checkout".
- Fixed bug with themes switching on pages where Cart Reservation popup shows up.
v1.5.3 - 27 Mar, 2014
- Fixed incorrect script performance on checkout via the payment systems that redirect to external websites before the order is completed (e.g. PayPal Express).
v1.5.2 - 06 Mar, 2014
- Added events logging in order to track products reservation history
- Optimized blocking algorithm of reserved products. Amount of SQL queries which support the functionality has been reduced by half
- Changed and optimized the algorithm of importing the items from "guest" shopping cart into logged user's shopping cart
- Previously customers could add more product units to the shopping cart than there was in stock (which is allowed in native Magento logic). Now this Magento bug is fixed, allowing to reserve only the amount of product units available in stock
- Fixed the issue with shopping carts deadlock if several users were adding excessive amount of product units
- Fixed: First customer to add product to his cart was able to increase quantity of this product in shopping cart by picking over the units from other customers which reserved the same product later
v1.5.1 - 26 Feb, 2014
- Fixed the issue with "guest" sessions in case the session was missing expected keys for its identification
- Fixed the bug with products quantity being reset to 0. Formerly when all product units of the same product were reserved, the stock quantity was reset to "0" if one or more product units have been purchased
- Fixed bug: Items were unreserved when guest customer added an item into his shopping cart and then logged into his account
v1.5.0 - 03 Feb, 2014
- Added full "Store View" support. Extension can now be configured as well as enabled/disabled for each store view separately.
- Fixed bug for customers and admins who used "re-order" feature. Multiple users were able to add very last item to their carts, but nobody was able to purchase this item. This is fixed, first client who added item to cart using re-order feature will be able to purchase.
- Added popup reminder to notify clients about cart reservation expiration. Popup reminders can be configured from module backend.
- Added email reminder to notify clients about cart reservation expiration. Email reminders can be configured from cart reservation module backend.
- Cart reservation units of time format is changed. Added possibility to enter number of "days" as well as hours, minutes and seconds.
v1.4.2 - 19 Aug, 2013
- If all units of a product were reserved, the very first purchase of this product would set stock quantity of this product to zero and item status to "Sold Out". This is Fixed
v1.4.1 - 16 Jul, 2013
- A function that is called by Cron, no longer returns the object Observer - before it used to cause bugs.
v1.4.0 - 28 May, 2013
- Fixed a bug that occurred when its impossibile to identify if user is a registered client or a guest
- Added API to reset reservation time in shopping cart, checkout page or both pages
- Cart Reservation menu item is moved under Plumrocket section in Magento Configuration
- Cart Reservation Extension now takes date from Magento locale instead of web server system date
- In some browsers client session identifier length was longer than expected
- Added extension name in global configuration file
- After the installation the Cart Reservation Extension is disabled by default allowing the site owner to enable extension when necessary and not when it is installed
v1.3.4 - 27 May, 2013
- 99% of the extension code is now Open Source
v1.3.3 - 25 Apr, 2013
- Fixed counter for Downloadable products
- Fixed bug in SQL, which occurred when reserved Grouped products did not include child (single) products
v1.3.2 - 16 Apr, 2013
- Excluded module js and css files when extension is disabled from magento back-end
- JQuery library is now protected from third party extensions that use Jquery for their own purposes
- Fixed display bug of reservation counter used by single products occurring during simultaneous operation of two third-party modules
v1.3.1 - 22 Mar, 2013
- Added option to enable / disable extension from magento backend
- Fixed bug allowing to reserve more products by all online store users than the actual number of products available in stock
- Synchronized cart information with reservation algorithm
v1.3.0 - 06 Mar, 2013
- Added support for magento guest users
- Optimized performance, added cache for all heavy calculations
- Added global cart timer (reservation of all items in shopping cart)
- Added support for shopping cart reservation for guest users who could login and keep same reserved shopping cart
- Fixed display issue of "Reserved" product label for Downloadable, Grouped and Bundle magento product types
- Optimized cart reservation for Configurable products
- Fixed issue when products would return wrong ID in shopping carts. They were returning the number of entry in the shopping cart instead of product ID itself.
- Deleting all cart reservation redundant information after the purchase is complete
v1.2.5 - 01 Mar, 2013
- jQuery library is now included with extension
v1.2.4 - 25 Feb, 2013
- Fixed chrome countdown bug
v1.0.0 - 23 Oct, 2012
- Created Cart Reservation Magento Extension