Magento Cart Reservation Overview
Magento Cart Reservation Extension allows customers to temporarily reserve products they have added to their cart. When a customer adds an item to his cart, it is reserved for "x" amount of minutes before they become available again to other customers. So, the customer has the opportunity to purchase these products first. The Magento cart countdown and stock alert message used within this Magento Cart Timer module are a great way to monitor stock availability.
Magento cart timer allows site owner to create urgency without pressure. Items in your customer shopping cart will expire after a certain amount of minutes. This makes your customers want to hurry and buy before someone else does. Events and products can sell out quickly so clients must keep an eye on the countdown clock in their cart in order to secure the picks. If an item they want is in another member's cart, they can refresh the browser or check back on the item throughout the duration of the event to see if it has become available.
There are two types of cart reservation timers available: the countdown timer for each product separately or reservation of all products in the cart. The extension allows you to set the general time of reservation including both cart reservation and checkout reservation providing more time for the purchase to be completed which leads to higher sales conversion rates and higher customer satisfaction. Lastly the website owner has two options for products after the reservation time expires - to delete the products from the cart or to leave them in the cart unreserved.
Limited Stock Reservations
If you are running private sales, daily deals, flash sales or sample sales website where you have limited quantities of product in stock – then this extension is for you!
Allow your customers to reserve concert tickets, flights, car rentals, hotel bookings in shopping cart just like any other product.
Holiday Sales and Special Deals
Have lots of products in stock but still want to make it look like the stock will run out? Use shopping cart timer to create urgency of sale without pressure on your customers during holiday sales and special events.
If you are using offline payment methods, such as cash on delivery, then our “reservation after checkout” feature will let you reserve the product until the payment is made or otherwise return it automatically back in stock.
- NEW! Added ability to enable reservation for separate products and categories as well as functionality to inherit these settings from the parent category
- NEW! Added countdown timer on product page displaying how much time left before the product becomes unreserved
- NEW! Added ability for store administrators to add and reserve products in shopping carts via the "Create New Order" interface in Magento Admin Panel
- Holds product in store inventory for a specific reservation period of time until the client buys the product or reservation time expires (whichever is sooner)
- Displays "reserved" or "in another member's cart" message on product list and product page
- Works for all user account types - Guests and Logged users
- Supports magento product types (Simple, Grouped, Configurable, Virtual, Downloadable)
- The extension can display either individual timers per product in cart or global timer for all items in cart
- Allows to remove products from client's cart after reservation time expires or to leave them unreserved in cart
- This magento extension can be used for any products, including but not limited to reservation of concert tickets, flights, car rentals, hotel bookings and other types of reservations.
- “Reservation after checkout” feature allows temporary reservation of products after the order was placed
- Popup reminder & Email reminder will notify clients about cart reservation expiration
- Admin can define reservation time in shopping cart and checkout page
- Checkout page timer can be set to restart or continue countdown each time client visits the Checkout page to limit the amount of time client can hold the product
- Admin also has an option to set unlimited reservation time and hide both timers on cart page and checkout page
- API support is enabled. Additionally, cart reservation timer can be displayed on any page of the website (not only in shopping cart) if needed
- Admin can set custom countdown timer format and change all reservation messages if needed
- Full "Store View" support
- 100% open source magento extension
Magento Cart Reservation Change Log
- new feature
- bug fix
v1.6.0 - 13 Mar, 2015
- Added ability to enable reservation for separate products and categories as well as functionality to inherit these settings from the parent category
- Added countdown timer on product page displaying how much time left before the product becomes unreserved
- Added ability for store administrators to add and reserve products in shopping carts via the "Create New Order" interface in Magento Admin Panel
- Improved method "isReserved()" for simple products in "Reservation After Checkout" interface
- Fixed updating of shopping carts that had items removed by the cron job
- Fixed Cart Reservation popup template in Magento CE 1.9.1
v1.5.7 - 10 Feb, 2015
- 100% of the extension code is now Open Source
- Minor code changes
v1.5.6 - 27 Aug, 2014
- Added Magento CE 1.9 support
- Added RWD (responsive) theme support on Magento CE 1.9
- Added support for mobile devices
- Fixed the bug with cron-job on multi-store websites
v1.5.5 - 27 May, 2014
- Fixed the problem in extension when purchases are made using magento API.
- Improved caching reduced database queries to 1-2 per page.
- If the option to "remove products from cart after reservation time is over" was disabled, then there was a bug during calculation of reserved products.
- Removed the ability to proceed to checkout where the reservation time is still left if the reservation time in cart has expired already.
v1.5.4 - 23 Apr, 2014
- Added new feature "Reservation after Checkout".
- Fixed bug with themes switching on pages where Cart Reservation popup shows up.
v1.5.3 - 27 Mar, 2014
- Fixed incorrect script performance on checkout via the payment systems that redirect to external websites before the order is completed (e.g. PayPal Express).
v1.5.2 - 06 Mar, 2014
- Added events logging in order to track products reservation history
- Optimized blocking algorithm of reserved products. Amount of SQL queries which support the functionality has been reduced by half
- Changed and optimized the algorithm of importing the items from "guest" shopping cart into logged user's shopping cart
- Previously customers could add more product units to the shopping cart than there was in stock (which is allowed in native Magento logic). Now this Magento bug is fixed, allowing to reserve only the amount of product units available in stock
- Fixed the issue with shopping carts deadlock if several users were adding excessive amount of product units
- Fixed: First customer to add product to his cart was able to increase quantity of this product in shopping cart by picking over the units from other customers which reserved the same product later
v1.5.1 - 26 Feb, 2014
- Fixed the issue with "guest" sessions in case the session was missing expected keys for its identification
- Fixed the bug with products quantity being reset to 0. Formerly when all product units of the same product were reserved, the stock quantity was reset to "0" if one or more product units have been purchased
- Fixed bug: Items were unreserved when guest customer added an item into his shopping cart and then logged into his account
v1.5.0 - 03 Feb, 2014
- Added full "Store View" support. Extension can now be configured as well as enabled/disabled for each store view separately.
- Fixed bug for customers and admins who used "re-order" feature. Multiple users were able to add very last item to their carts, but nobody was able to purchase this item. This is fixed, first client who added item to cart using re-order feature will be able to purchase.
- Added popup reminder to notify clients about cart reservation expiration. Popup reminders can be configured from module backend.
- Added email reminder to notify clients about cart reservation expiration. Email reminders can be configured from cart reservation module backend.
- Cart reservation units of time format is changed. Added possibility to enter number of "days" as well as hours, minutes and seconds.
v1.4.2 - 19 Aug, 2013
- If all units of a product were reserved, the very first purchase of this product would set stock quantity of this product to zero and item status to "Sold Out". This is Fixed
v1.4.1 - 16 Jul, 2013
- A function that is called by Cron, no longer returns the object Observer - before it used to cause bugs.
v1.4.0 - 28 May, 2013
- Fixed a bug that occurred when its impossibile to identify if user is a registered client or a guest
- Added API to reset reservation time in shopping cart, checkout page or both pages
- Cart Reservation menu item is moved under Plumrocket section in Magento Configuration
- Cart Reservation Extension now takes date from Magento locale instead of web server system date
- In some browsers client session identifier length was longer than expected
- Added extension name in global configuration file
- After the installation the Cart Reservation Extension is disabled by default allowing the site owner to enable extension when necessary and not when it is installed
v1.3.4 - 27 May, 2013
- 99% of the extension code is now Open Source
v1.3.3 - 25 Apr, 2013
- Fixed counter for Downloadable products
- Fixed bug in SQL, which occurred when reserved Grouped products did not include child (single) products
v1.3.2 - 16 Apr, 2013
- Excluded module js and css files when extension is disabled from magento back-end
- JQuery library is now protected from third party extensions that use Jquery for their own purposes
- Fixed display bug of reservation counter used by single products occurring during simultaneous operation of two third-party modules
v1.3.1 - 22 Mar, 2013
- Added option to enable / disable extension from magento backend
- Fixed bug allowing to reserve more products by all online store users than the actual number of products available in stock
- Synchronized cart information with reservation algorithm
v1.3.0 - 06 Mar, 2013
- Added support for magento guest users
- Optimized performance, added cache for all heavy calculations
- Added global cart timer (reservation of all items in shopping cart)
- Added support for shopping cart reservation for guest users who could login and keep same reserved shopping cart
- Fixed display issue of "Reserved" product label for Downloadable, Grouped and Bundle magento product types
- Optimized cart reservation for Configurable products
- Fixed issue when products would return wrong ID in shopping carts. They were returning the number of entry in the shopping cart instead of product ID itself.
- Deleting all cart reservation redundant information after the purchase is complete
v1.2.5 - 01 Mar, 2013
- jQuery library is now included with extension
v1.2.4 - 25 Feb, 2013
- Fixed chrome countdown bug
v1.0.0 - 23 Oct, 2012
- Created Cart Reservation Magento Extension