Magento Invitations Overview
Plumrocket Invitations allows your clients to invite their friends in convenient way. Users can import contacts from yahoo, gmail, facebook, badoo, plaxo and other email and social media services and invite their friends in bulk. With this extension site owners can create promotional page to boost membership registrations by running special promotions. Additionally admin can manage all customer invitations and address books from magento back-end.
If you've been looking for a fast and convenient way of inviting friends to your membership store, the Invitations Magento Extension from Plumrocket will undoubtedly be a great surprise for you. There is no need to waste your time and efforts copying your address book for hours on end. Now, you can just import all your contacts: import address book, import facebook contacts, import from gmail and yahoo and other social media platforms. Invite your friends with just one click!
- NEW! Guest visitors can now invite their friends from promo page. If guest user registers an account, all his referals will be transferred as well.
- NEW! Multi-store, multi-currency and multi language support
- NEW! Customers can now invite friends by sharing product page link or any other page of your store.
- NEW! Invite friends by socially liking the page using Facebook like, tweet, pinterest pinit and google plus button (also available with Plumrocket Faves)
- This extension consists of two pages. These include invitations in user's account page (accessible only for registered users) and promotional invitation page (accessible for everyone, including guests)
- If combined with Magento Reward Points Extension the Invitations module allows customers to earn rewards when they refer a friend who makes his first purchase
- Customers can invite a friend in five different ways: by manually typing their email addresses, when they import address book (import gmail contacts, yahoo contacts, etc.. 21 total systems supported), send invitations directly to their facebook friends, share product url or any other store page link or by socially liking pages with social media buttons.
- Customers can share personal invitation link anywhere they want (blogs, facebook, twitter, etc) to promote your site and to earn reward points for each invited person who makes his first purchase (requires Magento Reward Points extension from Plumrocket)
- Customers can view open invitations and accepted invitations, as well as info showing if first order was made and the number of times the invitation has been sent
- Admin can allow clients to edit standard invitation message and restrict this message to a certain amount of characters
- Website admin can manage customer invitations
- Admin can define which address books should be displayed for import in the frontend
- Admin can modify referral link
- Invitation emails can be sent from store email or from customer email address
- Admin can enter meta tags, promotional messages and upload promotional poster images
Magento Invitations Change Log
- new feature
- bug fix
v1.3.0 - 30 Jan, 2014
- Added new functionality for guest visitors to invite their friends from promo page. If guest user registers an account, all his referals will be transferred as well.
v1.2.0 - 19 Nov, 2013
- Added Multi Store View support
- Added Magento CE 1.8 support
- Switched magento Code Pool from "local" to "community".
- Invitation email subject and body template are now moved to magento back-end.
v1.1.3 - 12 Sep, 2013
- Fixed bug that restricted number of imported contacts from Yahoo Address Books.
v1.1.2 - 11 Sep, 2013
- Added Yahoo contacts import via new Yahoo API.
v1.1.1 - 09 Sep, 2013
- Promo page fix related to plumrocket popup login extension.
- Added new option in extension config file - "Allow invitations from all website URLs". This option allows to convert any page of your store into "invitation link", which leads to a lot higher invitation rates, site traffic and customer satisfaction.
v1.1.0 - 19 Aug, 2013
- After the installation the extension is disabled by default which allows the site owner to enable extension when necessary and not when it is installed.
- Invitations menu item is moved under Plumrocket section in Magento Configuration
- 99% of the extension code is now Open Source
- Option "Allow invitations via shares" added
- Added license information in all extension files
- Added extension name in global configuration file
v1.0.3 - 23 Apr, 2013
- New option added allowing to set Minimum Order Subtotal and Maximum days after registration for an invitee to make a purchase.
v1.0.2 - 19 Apr, 2013
- Extracting Gmail contacts via Google API
v1.0.1 - 08 Mar, 2013
- Magento 1.7 support added
v1.0.0 - 13 Feb, 2013
- Created Invitations Magento Extension