Accelerated Mobile Pages technology is an open source technology developed by Google to improve the mobile web experience for everyone. You can read more information about AMP technology at Plumrocket Blog Post - "Is Your Magento Site Ready for Google AMP?"
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2version #2.5.0
Accelerated Mobile Pages Magento 2 extension helps your website content load significantly faster on all mobile and tablet devices. Magento 2 AMP plugin can improve your search engine visibility, increase site traffic as well as your conversion rates.
- Improve your store ranking in Mobile Google Search Results.
- Reduce the average load time of mobile store page to less than half a second.
- Create separate mobile pages for Homepage, Category Pages, Product Pages and CMS Pages, highly optimized to support latest Google AMP Technology.
Key Features of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2
Magento 2 AMP plugin is based on open source project from Google and Twitter (ampproject.org), designed to make all mobile pages really fast. Some of you may already know of similar projects from Facebook and Apple - "Facebook Instant Articles" and "Apple News Format" and now this technology is available from Google and used on thousands of websites.
Create AMP Pages for Your Store
- Automatically generate Google AMP Pages for Homepage, Category Pages, Product Pages and CMS Pages.
- Easily edit AMP homepage content from Magento backend.
Improve Search Engine Optimization
- The extension will automatically add rich snippets to Magento 2 AMP pages.
- Integrated Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Google Analytics allows to track user interactions with AMP pages.
- Your AMP content will appear at the top of the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) as part of the "Top stories" section. Google may also display your Magento 2 AMP pages anywhere across the entire search results page marked with special "lightning bolt" sign.
Significantly Speed-Up Mobile Page Load
- Lower your bounce rates by improving the magento performance. Accelerated Mobile Pages are much faster compared to non-AMP ones since they load directly from Google AMP Cache.
- All AMP pages created by this Magento 2 Extension will be super lightweight and make minimum http requests to speed up page load time.
Compatible with Custom & Third party Magento themes
- Magento Accelerated Mobile Pages Extension was designed to work flawlessly with any third party magento theme. This extension will create separate AMP Magento Theme that will work independently from your existing responsive or mobile theme. Whether you have a custom design or popular theme like Ultimo, Shopper, Fortis, etc. – AMP templates will work alongside any theme.
- Compatible with the latest Magento 2 Community and Magento 2 Enterprise Editions.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2 Overview
- NEW! Added support of Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- NEW! Product image thumbnails are now displayed on the AMP Product Page
- NEW! Added "Share with friends" social buttons on AMP Product Pages
- NEW! Added Related Products and Up-sells on the AMP Product Page
- Automatically create Magento 2 AMP pages for Homepage, Category Pages, Product Pages and CMS Pages
- Supports all Google Accelerated Mobile Pages tags and components
- AMP version of the Magento homepage can be edited directly from the Magento admin panel
- Admin can select store pages where AMP functionality should be enabled
- Set color scheme & upload a custom logo for the AMP pages via the Magento admin panel
- Added built-in support of Google Rich Snippets and Google Analytics
- This AMP plugin can be installed on any existing or new Magento store
- Item quantity input is displayed on the AMP product pages and next to shopping cart icon in header
- Supported Magento 2 custom options (size, color, etc.) on AMP Product Page
- Enabled Layered Navigation, "Sort By" functionality and Catalog Search on AMP Category Pages
- Admin can use option "Force AMP On All Mobile Devices" to display AMP pages to visitors who opened your store directly on mobile or tablet browser (bypassing Google Mobile Search)
- Supports Magento 2 Enterprise Full Page Cache & Varnish Cache
- Customers can view and submit product reviews on AMP Product Pages
- Supported display of embedded YouTube videos (when configured in the product description)
- AMP Iframe can be enabled with product options
- NEW! Added Related Products and Up-sells on the AMP Product Page
- Added built-in support of custom and third party Magento themes
- Added bi-directional text support: Left to Right (LTR) and Right to Left (RTL) in Magento 2 templates
- 100% open code Magento 2 extension
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2 Reviews
Every customer will automatically receive a 100 reward points for each approved review. To submit your review pleaseWrite a Review
It is a wonderful module with wonderful support. I had few problems with some conflict but support did a great job. Thank you Plumrocket. Keep the good job you are doing.
as usual, just extracted and uploaded to web server. and viola, this extension was installed in split second.
configuration was easy, just followed the manual.
and my website was turned into AMP within 5-10 minutes!
I I buy an Extension from Plumrocket.com, and the results are great and very fast. Plumrocket support is 24/7 and also offer premium support they have high level of Magento experts to fix any plugin issue
I am very happy with my purchase. the extension is great and of good quality. And, the most important, the support is excellent. they are very fast and efficient !
Very nice extension, it does what it says. Very easy to install and to setup.
Plumrocket team is awesome, we got a big support and very good customization services to supply our needs. Highly recommended
best extension & support,
this extension is best for magento amp.
Also the fantastic work of Plumrocket!
They have a very fast service and support! Kind and friendly
Thank you for amp!
Keep up this very good work!
Amp is a very good plugin. In standard installation everything worked fine.
This is very good,and the service is also good.
They have a very fast service and support!
You buy the extension, they update it, 3 months later you can not get free updates. There are shoes that come with more guarantee then this. If you want this extension updated, it's expensive. And the problem is that this is not transparent information, you do not know this when you buy. In "Product details", lower right corner you get this information "Support Plan:3 Months (Free),6 Months,12 Months". What is "Support plan"? Apparently support plan refers to support and updates.Dear Cozac Sorin, thank you for your positive star rating for our AMP Plugin. We would like to answer your concerns about the support & updates period. After hearing your concerns and questions of other clients, we have decided to change our updates policy. On October 4th, 2018 we at Plumrocket started providing FREE LIFETIME UPDATES on all our products. From now on, once you purchase any extension at our store, you will be provided with free updates without limitations. Once again, we are grateful for all client feedbacks. They make us a better company and help us offer best Magento extensions and services.
This extension was extremely easy to install and just works out of the box.
There was no problem at all with the installation and it was very easy.
Also the support from Plumrocket has been perfect.
Amp is a very good plugin. Now our AMP pages load really fast on mobile. Support is very helpful. I recommend it to everyone.
Keep up this very good work.
I think this extension is very useful. For a Magento didn't have a custom responsive template. AMP is your best choice. AMP from Plumrocket is super easy to install and edit the templates for AMP. You don't need a super skill to configure it.
We were looking for something to help speed up our Mobile Magento2 site as we were not happy with how the slow the site loaded on mobile.
Wow...this product did the trick! We were experiencing home page load speeds of 2.3 seconds on our mobile site, with AMP it is 696ms!
AMP is not currently available for dynamic pages (Cart, Checkout, Forms) but so worth it for Home Page, Category Pages and Product Pages.
I've tried other AMP-modules but they didn't work at all with custom themes. This AMP-module is working perfectly with Magento 2.2 and Ultimo theme. It was easy to modify both the design and the CSS. 5/5 - great work!
Now after using three months
I can say it's worth buying.
Makes shopping very fast
The customer cares about the speed of browsing and this extension is the best extension I bought
and also easy to install and suitable
Thank you for your efforts
I upgraded from AMP for Magento 1 and was extremely happy with its performance. Highly recommended for everyone who is looking to be AMP Compliant. It also ensures good site speed by chucking out the unnecessary elements on the website.
Most needed due to many more customers now using mobile devices and they just don't want to wait for page loads. Easy install from the team and works all ok with magento 2.2 so thumbs up.
With the increasing number of mobile users for browsing net, it is a must have extension and also they have done it very neatly.
I was stuck after installation with configurable products but the support team came to my rescue immediately.
It's very practical, I didn't expect it to be.
Fast as lightning especially that more customers prefer browsing on mobile.
Thank you for this beautiful extension.
Install is easy and works as you expected to do. A great way to get higher in Google search and increase the conversion. Have great software and great service.
Easy to install and works as you expected to do. A great way to get higher in Google search and increase the conversion. Should be install on all e-commerce sites
Very simple extension but it's really something you need if you care about your page rank.
The design is really minimalist but page are load very quick.
I love this extension. Super easy to install and to use. My google mobile page speed is now 90/100 instead of 45/100.
Make sure you install it from their website using their method, and not using the Magento 2 Component Manager. I had issues with the component manager, but when I did the install directly using the plumrocket files as described on their website, it worked perfectly. Thank you love this!
The plugin works like a charm after some modification. Our magento 2 template broke the plugin at some places. This was easily solved after submitting a ticket.
This is a must have theme for every Magento 2 website that would like to have awesome mobile pages. My Google speed score for the homepage, cms pages, categorie and product pages is now 90 out of 100. Before I installed the plugin it was only 58 at product and category pages so see the difference!
The Pagespeed Score has improved drastically with AMP Implementation. Even Google's new project "Test My Site" has given a 40% Boost to old Mobile Version. An Amazing Extension!
The mobile browsing accelerated instantly. The mobile speed is just amazing. Design is also neat, couldn't expect better. Thanks guys! Hope to work with you in the future. Definitely recommend this module!
Google has been encouraging websites to deploy AMP. Increase SERP while speeding up your page views. AMP saves broadband and increases the speed of page loads. Thus, more sales!
This extension is just amazing. It turned my mobile site into a blazing fast rocket.
Add to that the best technical support I witnessed, that are willing to go for the extra mile to make sure everything is working how I want it to be.
I recommend this Extension for anyone who want a really fast mobile version, and a great tech support.
What I would like to see more in this extension:
- Support for Google Maps
- Image change when selecting attribute in configurable products
- Ability to show/hide details in product page
- Support for widgets
- Support for third-party personalized recommendations
I believe Plumrocket are always working on adding new features. This extension is the one you need to start taking advantage of the newest technology out there.Hello Abbas Abdel Sater,
Thank you for your warm words. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with AMP extension and hope that it will help you to achieve new goals in your ecommerce business.
Development of new features for AMP extension is based on AMP project rules and technology restrictions. AMP uses a simplified form of the HTML structure. Being stripped of resource-heavy elements, therefore some features can not be released in order to keep AMP pages structure simple for instant page load. You can check here what features will be supported in the new versions of AMP:
We are doing our best to follow all the latest updates and implement this functionality in our extension. As for your request, support of Google Maps can be added only with the help of AMP iframe. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help implementing this feature.
Ability to show/hide details in product page will be added in the future versions of the AMP extension.
Support for widgets and third-party personalized recommendations will be added once this feature is supported via AMP project.
Plumrocket Customer Care
This extension initially conflicted with others but the Plumrocket technical team resolved the issues within a couple of days. This product creates a quick mobile experience for the end-user, and the AMP pages were cached by Google virtually straight away.
We did have another issue trying to save category images, but this turned out to be a Magento 2 bug due to duplicate url keys. This was quickly resolved by their technical team as pay as you go support. Would recommend this product and Plumrocket.
I have recently bought AMP extension for my store. I have not installed it yet in my live site, but it seems from the tests that it is a useful extension and makes the site work fast. I did not have installation problems, settings are easy. Thanks for a customer support! A great extension I would recommend it!
First rate code module support, great response time and code quality. Implemented their modules as promised and resolved conflicts with other code my site (unrelated to them) almost instantly. AMP module works perfectly
As a frank user, I did a review previously pointing out the positives and negatives and the implementations I understood to be necessary for tool. Well, in a short time there was a significant improvement for him, which made our site return and use successfully, improving many aspects, from conversion to interaction with social networks. I would like to thank you for your commitment to make the tool more and more complete. Also in a few days we will migrate the platform to magento 2 and this tool is among the first line for change, ie it will only be migrated when it actually also implements it in magento2. It is in fact the best tool we found, as well as pioneering.
We wanted our site to be AMP ready before the Google's First Mobile Search Engine Index happens and With this extension our site was ready with AMP pages in just 3-4 days.
Highly recommended. The Extension works out of the box and has beautiful support for any of the concerns. Easy to configure from backend with minimal code touch (unless required).
This product works as described. Suport is very attentive and really fast.
I'm waiting for the result - ranks in Google search. For this moment (after 3 weeks) my ratings still the same. Maybe Google needs some more time to index.
Hi I can recommend the ext. It works well! Installation is very easy. After short config we could start. It helps us to get better ranking in Google
We like the ext very much!
Missing a lot and after many problems is working more or less, could make a layout much more cool and parameterized, because for the price could offer much more. Missing the basics, did not implement social share, in which even google AMP already offers support and could come pre-configured, this is very basic in ecommerce. They could also suggest and already pre-load one or more carrocel in the home (would be optional) and give a much greater charm to the extension, there are many things to improve as a better support to Google TagManager. With regard to speed and also the possibility of using google cache, it is maximum grade. I talked to some of those who were supposed to be using the tools, several gave up using because of the lack of implementation of scripts and basic things like a slide car and sharing on the product page. Another one told me that Header and Trailer Is very poor and paying a value so that you still have to spend a lot more time and money to customize it may not be worth it. From my experience, it improved the speed, but unfortunately the conversion declined, perhaps due to the design and layout very bad in the standard version. Imitate a reasonable layout, it will be better. I know they will hardly publish, because it will not be a 5, but anyway I leave my suggestions and bet, we had an incredible article and ready here in Brazil to show our progress and indicate youHello Robson,
Thank you for your honest feedback, although it's not 5 stars.
We decided to comment below, as some of your suggestions are useful and will be added in the future releases, while others will not. Let us explain why:
As for the social share functionality - it is already included into the AMP extension roadmap and will be available soon. We always keep track of new features that emerge in the AMP project on GitHub, and those are added frequently.
Robson, we are happy you liked the speed of our AMP Magento extension, as it's the key of AMP technology.
We appreciate your review, and hope that diving more into the technology helps you get the best out of AMP.
As you can see from other feedbacks, the overwhelming majority of reviews are positive and our clients are happy to use AMP extension.
Our friendly support will be at your convenience if you have further questions.
Easy to install and configure. The extension works flawlessly and 100% as advertised.
The support folks were just as great as the extension. I had one request and they solved my problem perfectly.
Thank you so much for this great extension and great customer service.
Thank you, thank you Plumrocket for this extension! That's exactly what we were looking for! After a few problems with my custom theme, their amazing support has solved everything and now it works like charm.
Purchased this to help with the mobile side of things on the website, google has picked up the AMP pages and showing in webmaster tools, though need to tweak listings on website as certain elements aren't allowed on AMP pages such as <block> elements.
Great extension, and great support as always
Thank you, thank you Plumrocket for this extension! That's exactly what we were looking for! After we installed it, our Google Page Speed results for mobile version of the site improved fantastically.
When I first started using this extension it had only one or two reviews and I risked purchasing this one but I do not regret it.
AMP extension brings more traffic to the site and works really well. Also the support is great and any problems are fixed promptly. You need to remember this is still new extension and there is a room for improvements. So you might want to buy now and get new features in few weeks!
I have recently bought AMP extension for our Magento 2 store. It works great! Super-easy to configure! The key thing for me was to increase our page load speed and it really worked in this case. Another great advantage of this module is that our page now is among top in Google. I think it is the first company that developed extension for amp on Magento 2.
Thank you Plumrocket Team!
Great plugin which is very easy to install and get up and running. Not had any issues with it!
The AMP extension is very useful and easy to install. The Plumrocket support here is the best! I needed support several times and each time was fast to solved. Thanks Plumrocket! Highly recommended!
With the superb support from the guys at Plumrocket I installed this AMP module, which I recommend to everyone who want's the best experience for their customers.
Don't think twice, just order this module at Plumrocket and your website wil score 100/100 in Google PageSpeed! Who doesn't want that?
This extension is very good if your customers are using Mobile phone.
The design is great and Plumrocket Support is really good
We installed it on our online shop www.newyorkcoffee.de and Google Webmaster Tools immediately recognized AMP functionality.
Thank you to the Plumrocket support team who updated the extension to a newer version.
First of all - this is the first extension for amp. In standard installation everything worked fine. With our own extensions we had to do a little work, but that is okay
I have used several magento extensions for AMP, but none of them gave the results. Plumrocket AMP is the best.
Extension is great. Now our AMP pages load really fast on mobile. Support is very helpful.
I recommend it to everyone!
I take my hat off to Plumrocket for this superb extension, it works A1 straight from the word go, and the support given if required is the best I've received anywhere. Thanks Plumrocket!
Make my site look simple, load fast on mobile. Plumrocket modified our custom code. Thank you!
Plumrocket made AMP extension so easy to install. It's working perfectly and already show great results on Google.
Highly recommended. Vadim, guided me through the process and was very helpful.
It's my second time I buy an Extension from Plumrocket, and the results are great. Highly recommended!!!
Amp is a very good plugin.
Easy to work with and its a very good improvement for the loading time of my mobile website. Its so much faster now.
Also the fantastic work of Plumrocket!
They have a very fast service and support! Kind and friendly
Thank you for amp!
Keep up this very good work!
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2 FAQ
What is AMP technology?
How can I preview AMP version of my Magento store?
To check your page in AMP mode, you will need to add the GET parameter “?amp=1” to the end of your website URL. E.g. http://demo.plumrocket.net/amp/women.html?amp=1
I'm using custom Magento theme on my store. How do I know if AMP Magento Extension will not affect my design?
AMP pages use their own lightweight templates optimized to load content instantly. The design of AMP pages will look differently from your existing theme, however this will not affect your current website design.
Does the AMP technology work on Shopping Cart and Checkout pages?
Google AMP technology was designed for the Static Pages only. Therefore, AMP Magento Extension works only on Homepage, Product List Pages, Product Pages and CMS pages.
The pages like Shopping Cart and Checkout are dynamic pages, and they cannot be adapted to work with AMP technology yet. Once Google adds the support of the dynamic content – we will certainly provide our customers with the update of our AMP Magento Extension. For now all the dynamic pages will be served as non-AMP pages.
I already had Google Rich Snippets and Open Graph Tags added by another extension. Should I disable these extensions while using AMP from Plumrocket?
Any Open Graph tags or Google Rich Snippets added by another extension will not affect the AMP Extension from Plumrocket, you can keep them enabled.
Does it feature canonical tags as a standard, so that original URLs are referenced on mobile/tablet devices?
Yes, AMP Magento Extension includes canonical url tags by default.
My site is already mobile/tablet responsive. If we install AMP, what will happen to the existing mobile/tablet responsive pages?
Your existing mobile/tablet responsive pages will remain. The AMP pages utilize their own theme, and this theme works separately from your mobile theme.
The AMP theme will be working for the customers that came to your website from the Google AMP search results page. In other cases, if customers come to your website directly - your regular mobile theme will be displayed.
However, with Plumrocket AMP Plugin, you can also force all mobile users to view only AMP theme if option "Force AMP on All Mobile/Tablet Devices" is enabled in module configuration.
AMP pages are automatically generated. If I need some UI changes in the AMP pages, is it possible for us to do it?
Yes, we can provide the list of the HTML files you can modify with your development team. Otherwise, if you want us to make the changes for you - please contact us for the customization quote.
Is this module working properly in multi-store Magento environment?
Yes, Magento multi-store functionality is fully supported by the Plumrocket AMP Extension.
How can I test if AMP Extension is working correctly on my store?
In order to test your Magento AMP extension, you can go through the steps outlined in our online documentation:
How to check if my Magento store is cached in Google AMP CDN?
Please refer to our online guide to find out if your Magento store has been cached in Google AMP CDN.
Does Google Analytics work with the AMP pages?
Yes, this Magento AMP Extension supports Google Analytics tracking. The statistics of customers' interactions with AMP pages will be displayed in the Google Analytics control panel.
Change Log of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension for Magento 2
v2.5.0 - 18 Dec, 2018
- Added support of Facebook Pixel (trackViewContent, trackAddToCart)
- Optimized images display for product gallery
- Fixed the error, that caused issues with images load in filter options
v2.4.3 - 03 Dec, 2018
- Fixed the product images display issue on the category page and in the related carousel
v2.4.2 - 20 Nov, 2018
- Fixed the issue of adding AMP widgets on CMS page
v2.4.1 - 22 Oct, 2018
- The improved performance with bundle products
- Fixed the AMP - Category Product Carousel widget error with anchor categories
v2.4.0 - 03 Sep, 2018
- Added Slider AMP widget
- Added Static Banner AMP widget
- Added Video AMP widgets: Youtube, Vimeo, local storage, placeholders
- Added Category Products AMP widget
- Added AMP widget for Recently Viewed Products
- Added rating for the product lists of categories
- Added wishlist icon on the products list and product page
- Added compare icon on the products list and product page
- Added "Choose options" link for grouped products
- Added domain validation in the process of amp-iframe redirect
- Fixed AMP link in the breadcrumbs on Homepage
- Fixed favicon for AMP pages
- Fixed the category filter swatches that use images as values
- Fixed RTL Language styles display
v2.3.0 - 10 Jul, 2018
- Added ability to separately configure Google Analytics for AMP
- Added ability to change search icon in top menu to the search box
- Improved performance with structured data on the product page
- Moved AMP Home, Category, Product, CMS pages' custom styles to separate files
- Added integration with MageWorx SEO Suite Ultimate extension
- Changed link to customer account in top menu
- Minor changes and improvements
- Fixed bug with the iframe not redirecting to the cart
- Fixed RTL Language display
- Removed cart qty counter due to issues with Magento FPC
v2.2.3 - 06 Nov, 2017
- Added "AMP Display Mode" option to category configuration, allowing to set up the content display on AMP Category Page
- Resolved conflicts with third-party extensions (MagicToolbox_MagicZoomPlus - disabled for AMP pages due to incompatibility with the AMP standards)
- Miscellaneous improvements
- Fixed bug on product pages in Magento v2.2
v2.2.2 - 20 Oct, 2017
- Added support of Magento 2.2 (CE and EE versions)
- Added support of product video in the product image gallery
- Added locale file for translation
- Improved CSS styles
- Minor improvements
- Fixed bug with adding product to the shopping cart on AMP product page due to Magestore_OneStepCheckout
v2.2.1 - 03 Aug, 2017
- Improved the extension to run on urls with non-standard port (convenient for dev urls)
- Code style improvements
- Improved page load speed upon changes in version 2.2.0
- Improved support of third party themes (Alothemes)
- Improved translations
- Improved styles
- Added fixes to fully support Varnish Cache
- Fixed bugs with installation
v2.2.0 - 03 Jul, 2017
- Added support of Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Added support for RTL Language
- Added "Share with friends" social buttons on AMP Product Pages
- Added ability to view and submit product reviews on AMP Product Page
- Added display of product image thumbnails on the AMP Product Page
- Added items count display next to shopping cart icon in header
- Added display of Qty input box on AMP Product Pages
- Resolved issue with filtering on AMP category pages caused by third-party extensions (Mageplaza_Seo, Mirasvit_Seo)
- Improved compatibility with the Porto Theme
- Improved Canonical URL for the AMP Category Pages & AMP Product Pages
- Fixed bug with adding the product from AMP Iframe on iOS devices
v2.1.1 - 15 Mar, 2017
- Resolved conflicts caused by various third party extensions and themes
- Updated AMP extension code to remove unused amp-js included on page
- Fixed bug with adding product to the shopping cart
v2.1.0 - 24 Jan, 2017
- Added Catalog Search support
- Added Layered Navigation support
- Added Product List filter and sorting options
- Added ability to select custom options (size, color, etc.) on AMP Product Page before adding a product to the shopping cart
- Added dynamic generation of AMP Home Page
- Added display of Related Products on AMP Product Page
- Added partial integration of Amasty ShopBy extension (Front-end templates were replaced with standard AMP forms)
- Fixed bug with structured data on AMP Search Results Page
v2.0.1 - 06 Dec, 2016
- Resolved conflicts due to third-party modules
- Fixed bug with Full Page Cache
v2.0.0 - 19 Nov, 2016
- Created Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Extension v2.0 for Magento 2